Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Moving on

Have you ever just felt defeated?  If so, I have something to share with you that hopefully will encourage you.  There are so many things that can happen to discourage us or make us feel defeated. We end up living with a victim mentality and before we know it, we can't even see the hope that is in front of us.  The enemy would love nothing more than to keep us in this place but I am ready to see people, including myself, rise up and be over-comers! 

There are so many things that I could meditate on and ask the question, "why did this happen to me?", but I don't want to live there.  I want those circumstances in the past to be in the past and to be used to encourage people.  When people see my life I don't want them to see the unfortunate circumstances but instead see someone who stands strong, looks defeat in the face with boldness and says "I will not back down in my faith".  I want to be the person that says "fear will not hold me back anymore more." 

The best example we have of an over-comer is Jesus.  Look at what all He endured.  Everything He did was ridiculed by the pharisees, he was beaten and killed for no crime whatsoever but he did it for us.  Guess what?! He conquered defeat for all time.  He suffered a billion times over anything we could ever suffer but He did not live as a victim of His circumstances.  He is our example.  

So, if you feel like you have been living in defeat all you need to do is reach out to the one true over-comer.  Release whatever is holding you down and make a decision to choose joy.  When we decide to live this way our lives and everyone around us will be so much better.  We can be world- changers with this kind of attitude.  After all, Jesus was.

1 John 5:4 "everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment