Friday, October 11, 2013

From a mom to a mom

Anyone that is a mom is certainly a full-time mom. I just really want to give a shout out to full-time working moms this week.  I get the privilege to work only three days a week and there are many times that I feel that is too much.  For the last week and over the next several weeks I'll be working every day and I gotta say, it is difficult.  I love my job.  That's not the problem. The problem is that I feel guilt over missing my child, missing those two very sweet days that I get her all day to myself!  Just her and mommy. I want to be with her all the time so it's just so hard.

 I also have a little anxiety over my messy house.  I do not know how people keep a spotless house with a child or children but I especially don't know how moms who work full time even have time to do a load of laundry.  All I have to say is props to you gals who juggle it all!  I thought I was super busy but you full-timers really got it going on.  If you are a stay at home mom, please just know how blessed you are!  I know you are super busy and the job never stops for you either.  I know that there are days that you may feel like just one day at work, out of the house would be amazing but it's so worth it.  Last night Daniel said to me "it is a huge responsibility to raise a child.  We are shaping their personality and every little thing."  It is so true.  Thank God for grace, right?! 

So, whatever kind of mom you are, be encouraged! Be encouraged that there is grace for days when you work all day and miss sweet moments.  There is grace when you might mess up or when your kids are being difficult.  There's even grace when we feel like we don't deserve it. That's what grace is (unearned, unmerited favor).  Receive it, let your children receive it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment