Friday, July 12, 2013

Reflections

Today is a good day.  While rocking Raleigh to sleep I started thinking about this day last year.  Tears streamed down my face as I started reflecting on the greatness of all that happened and all that could have been.

This is the day the doctor came into my hospital room and told me they were going to put me on a ventilator to help me stay alive. What I didn't know is that meant I would be put into a coma, which I find was a good thing because I was already afraid of what the other meant.  Anyways, for five days I had no idea that my life existed.

You may be thinking that I bring this up a lot. Well, it's part of my story now.  It doesn't define me but it's changed my life.  See, the enemy tried to take my life.  He steals, kills and destroys.  I do not believe for one second that God brought this on me to teach me a lesson but I will testify that my God is in the restoring business.  What the enemy meant for harm, God will turn it around for the good.  I'm so thankful.  In reality I would have been fine if I hadn't made it.  Being a new mom makes me grateful though, that I get to experience my child growing and learning.  It is one of the most precious gifts I have ever been given.  Children really are a blessing from The Lord.

This next week I'm going to celebrate and enjoy my days.  I want to always have a thankful heart. I am moving past feeling like a victim of the enemies schemes.  I am victorious, I'm alive!

This next week I am expectant of restoration.  I missed five days of my life and almost two weeks away from my baby.  I don't know what this restoration looks like but whatever it is, it will be good.

So yeh, it's a good day.

Psalm 30:3 "God, my God, I yelled for help and you put me together.  God, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life when I was down-and-out."

No comments:

Post a Comment